We are proud of our efforts to recruit, retain and provide career development opportunities to people from diverse backgrounds and will continue to provide an open and inclusive environment for individuals of all backgrounds.
- We recruit at law schools nationwide, with a special emphasis on schools with significant numbers of minority students.
- We established the Thomas F. Eagleton Scholarship — in memory of our firm partner and former U.S. Senator — which annually awards $15,000 to a qualified minority candidate attending his/her first year of law school at Saint Louis University, University of Illinois-Champaign, University of Missouri or Washington University in St. Louis.
- We were one of the leaders in developing—and continue to participate in—the St. Louis Diversity Clerkship Program, which places first-year minority students in law firms’ existing summer associate programs.
- We support the St. Louis Internship Program by hiring minority high school students for summer positions.
- We participate in diversity hiring programs, such as the St. Louis Diversity Job Fair, the Lavender Law Career Fair and the Cook County Bar Association Minority Law Student Job Fair.