The St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association honored Thompson Coburn in early December for its eco-friendly business efforts in 2011.
The firm received the award for successfully completing the RCGA’s yearlong Green Business Challenge.
Among other environmental efforts, Thompson Coburn:
- Established an extensive recycle program
- Installed lighting-management sensors
- Replaced bottled water with pitchers of tap water in meeting rooms
- Purchased Energy Star rated computers and printers
- Switched from paper to electronic holiday cards
- Donated used furniture to nonprofit organizations such as the St. Louis Public School Foundation, Operation Food Search, Lift For Life and the Gateway Area Chapter of the National MS Society
- Implemented several software programs that shift most faxes, court filings and PDF conversions online so printing isn’t necessary
- Used paper and stationary with 30% post-consumer recycled material
- Encouraged employees to reuse office supplies like binders and file folders
- Undertook a renovation that used low-maintenance material and green cleaning products, and recycled construction debris
Nearly 70 companies, nonprofits and school districts participated in the 2011 Green Business Challenge. Read about their accomplishments by clicking here.