Dan Engle is Co-chair of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group and focuses his real estate practice on representing developers, institutional owners and corporate users of commercial and industrial real estate throughout the United States. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.), Chambers USA as Tier 1 real estate counsel and in the 2012 Super Lawyers® edition of national real estate lawyers. In 2011 the firm's real estate practice group participated in transactions totalling in excess of $1.4B, including 31 transactions in excess of $15MM. The firm's real estate group has consistently ranked in the Top 5 in transaction volume in the Midwest Real Estate News Best of the Best surveys.
• Represented Fortune 100 company in relocation of world headquarters to Dallas, Texas
• $600MM in various office tower sale/leaseback transactions
• $48MM financing and $60MM acquisition of multi-property industrial portfolio
• Sale/leaseback and redevelopment of private military manufacturing facility
• LEED Sustainable Development and Leasing transactions
• Condominium conversion of more than 1,500 units in various locations
• Site development for numerous ethanol and biodiesel facilities
• Acquisition and redevelopment of three former auto manufacturing facilities
• Purchase/sale transactions of over 2,000 apartment units
• Reverse and forward 1031 tax deferred transactions
• Hotel/motel development, purchase and disposition
• Transactions involving environmentally challenged industrial sites and redevelopment cleanup of same for reuse
• Development with public incentives of large mixed use “life style” center projects
Dan's broad and extensive experience as a transactional attorney over the past 25 years has earned him the respect of his peers and clients alike in representing clients in transactions involving all types of properties and businesses, as well as innumerable borrower financing transactions.