The John Marshall Law School,
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
American Bar Association
Member, Business Law
California Bar Association
Thompson Coburn LLP
Backed by more than 25 years of experience, Kevin handles a wide range of transactional and governance matters for corporate clients and financial institutions. In addition to serving domestic clients, he represents businesses and handles their transactions throughout Europe and parts of the Middle East and Asia.
Kevin's work includes the negotiation and documentation of numerous transactions involving public and privately held companies, including:
– acquisitions of the stock or assets of a diverse range of privately held companies;
– acquisitions of U.S. operations by foreign and multinational companies;
– acquisitions by and sales to "roll-up" enterprises;
– leveraged management buyouts involving diverse businesses ranging from heavy industry, consumer products and business services to technology companies; and
– representation of senior management in connection with initial public offerings and sales to publicly traded companies.
In the area of corporate finance, Kevin services clients on public offerings and private placements of debt and equity, as well as credit agreements with financial institutions. Additionally, Kevin provides corporate counsel to a variety of domestic and international manufacturing, consulting, distribution and technology companies. This work includes formation of businesses, corporate restructuring, joint ventures and the handling of diverse agreements and arrangements among the constituents. As part of his dispute resolution practice, he advises businesses with regard to corporate, shareholder, securities and other contested business matters.
While attending classes in the LLM program at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Kevin completed substantial coursework in securities and commodities futures management and regulation. In 2010, Kevin completed the Advanced Leadership Program at Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management. Kevin has received the highest AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell and has spoken on multiple occasions as a guest lecturer on Mergers & Acquisitions Asset Purchase Agreements at DePaul University Law School.
Representative transactions in which Kevin acted in a primary role:
Mergers & Acquisitions
– Sale of Plano Molding Company, a leading supplier of outdoor sports storage systems, to the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan.
– Sale of A. Finkl & Sons Co. to a publicly traded European steel company.
– Sale of MPC Products to Woodward Governor, approximate value of $400 million.
-- Asset acquisition by CloudCraze Software LLC– Acquisitions for specialty food company.– Asset acquisitions for diverse domestic and foreign buyers.
– Sale of controlling interest in Internet consulting services company.
– Sale of Inpro/Seal Company to Waukesha Bearings, a Dover Corporation affiliate.
– Representation of sellers and buyers in connection with numerous other acquisitions of closely held entities in diverse industries, including manufacturers, distributors, service providers and technology-based companies, with transaction sizes ranging from $5 million to $100 million.
– Advice as corporate counsel in connection with the limited public offering of Acquity Group Limited on the New York Stock Exchange.
– Advice on public offerings and private placements of debt and equity; credit agreements with financial institutions.
Chapter co-author, Sample Asset Purchase Agreement with Commentary
Illinois Business Law Series, Volume IV Mergers and Acquisitions, 2005 publication of Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, and 2008 Supplement