- SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR: Thompson Coburn LLP (“Sponsor”) shall serve as the sponsor and administrator of the Thompson Coburn LLP Ag Innovation Industry Outlook Sweepstakes
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all United States territories and possessions),
who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent
and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Individuals who appear on the U.S. Government Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals List
are also not eligible to enter or win. An “Entrant” is an eligible person who submits an entry in accordance with these Official Rules.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins October 12, 2021, 12:01 a.m., P.T., and ends November 19, 2021, 11:59 p.m., P.T. (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this Sweepstakes one (1) time only via the entry methods described below. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., P.T. of the last day of the Sweepstakes Period
(November 19, 2021), regardless of the method of entry. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate
entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to
successfully enter the Sweepstakes for any reason.
- a. SURVEY ENTRY METHOD: Beginning at the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period, you may receive one entry in the Sweepstakes by (i) going to https://www.thompsoncoburn.com/ag-tech (the “Website”), (ii) completing all survey questions, (iii) providing all information requested and following all other instructions, and (iv) clicking on the applicable link(s) to complete the Sweepstakes. An Entrant
will receive one (1) entry for the completion of the survey.
- b. MAIL-IN ENTRY METHOD: Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by hand-printing the words Thompson Coburn LLP Ag Innovation Industry Outlook Survey Sweepstakes,
your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) on a 3” x 5” card and mailing it in an envelope to: Thompson Coburn LLP Ag Innovation Industry Outlook Survey Sweepstakes,
Attn: Stephanie Richter, One US Bank Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101. All mail-in entries must be received by the Sponsor within one (1) week after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Entries must not (a) contain any false, inaccurate or misleading material, (b) violate any law or regulation, (c) be libelous, inflammatory, threatening or harassing, (d) instigate others to commit illegal activities, (e) contain any obscene,
offensive or illicit content, or (f) describe or show any dangerous or illegal activity or behavior, (g) contain any viruses, worms, or other computer programming intended to or that could interfere with the ability of others to enjoy
the Sweepstakes, or (h) violate any policies or terms of the social media platform that is used to submit an Entry.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined
as the natural person who is assigned an account by the applicable email survey. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple e-mail addresses, social media accounts, telephone numbers, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers or any other method
of unauthorized entry, all in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, all of that Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and any Prize that Entrant might have been
entitled to receive will not be awarded to him/her. Entries that are late, lost, illegible, duplicated, mechanically reproduced, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular
in the sole discretion of Sponsor, that have been submitted or generated using robotic, programmed, script, or any other automated means, or illicit means, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official
Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, may be judged void and disqualified.
Regardless of entry method you may enter the Sweepstakes only once.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one (1) prize awarded to one (1) Entrant. The prize consists solely of one (1) one-hundred dollar ($100) Amazon.com Electronic Gift Card (the
“Prize”) sent to the Winner's (as defined below) email address (the "Prize").
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $100.
The Sponsor’s funds will be used to purchase the Prize for this Sweepstakes.
The Amazon.com Gift Cards are subject to terms, conditions and policies specified by issuer. Such terms and conditions may include any or all of the following, as well as others: cards may not be redeemable for cash, or used for payment on
accounts, or used for the payment of prior purchases; cards are non-refundable; purchases and amounts spent or deducted may be non-refundable; cards may expire on a designated date; and cards may be redeemable only by legal residents of
the United States. Use of an Amazon.com Gift Card constitutes acceptance of the issuer’s terms, conditions and policies, and as such, each winner of an Amazon.com Gift Card should carefully read the terms, conditions and policies.
Each winner should also safeguard the Amazon.com Gift Card as he/she would any other valuable item. The Amazon.com Gift Card is useable up to its balance only.
- RANDOM DRAWING: The Winner of the Prize (“Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, on or about December 2, 2021 (“Drawing
Date”) by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to contact the Winner within two (2) months of the Drawing Date. Sponsor shall not be required
to use extraordinary or unreasonable efforts to locate or contact a potential winner or award the Prize. If the potential winner of the Prize cannot be found or does not respond to the applicable prize notice, Sponsor may (in its sole discretion)
select another potential winner of the Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any Prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion
of the Sponsor. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, and an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification
Number and Certification), and any other required tax-related documents within fifteen (15) days of issuance by Sponsor. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate
Winner selected in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible or declines to accept a Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner
may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winner hereby consents (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winner’s photograph,
voice, likeness and/or image, hometown contents of the entry form and the name of the Winner, without any further compensation, for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
- CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the
United States and, by entering, the Winner and all Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Missouri. As a condition of entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees
that: (a) under no circumstances will the Entrant be entitled or permitted to obtain awards for, and the Entrant expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than actual,
out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and in no event shall attorney’s fees be recoverable by either party; and (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising
out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR
OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT
PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties (as defined herein) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry or entries, errors in calculations, theft, tampering, destruction,
or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves
the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and exclusive discretion, including without limitation,
Acts of God, pandemic, epidemic, “shelter in place” and similar orders and other government actions. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor may decide to postpone drawing dates or other deadlines herein,
or terminate the Sweepstakes early. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, the Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THE PRIZE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTIONS LAW IS APPLICABLE TO YOU AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and Entrants (and the parent or legal guardian thereof if a Winner or Entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence)
agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, the Danforth Center, AgTech Next, and each of their affiliated entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders and principals,
employees, representatives, agents and franchisees (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any claims made by any Winner and Entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes,
as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly,
from participation in this Sweepstakes, accepting or using a Prize, or any related activity. Winner and Entrants (and the parent or legal guardian thereof if the Winner or Entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) assumes all
liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance, use or redemption of any Prize.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The following are conditions to winning a Prize and additional terms and conditions binding on Entrants and Winner:
- a. All federal, state, local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, withhold from the
amount of any Prize any and all federal, state, local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- b. If a Winner declines a Prize, or if person who is chosen in the drawing is not an eligible entrant or has not complied with these Official Rules, such person shall be disqualified and another person will be chose in a drawing for the
- c. No transfer, substitution, division or splitting of the Prize allowed.
- d. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission by an Entrant to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Entrant’s names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, in perpetuity and in any and
all media now known or hereafter discovered, unless prohibited by law.
- e. Decisions of Sponsor are final with respect to determination of the Winner and all matters with respect to the conduct of the Sweepstakes.
- f. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants and Winner agree to be bound by the Official Rules.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, eligible Entrant hereby consents to Sponsor’s or authorized agents’ collection, use, and disclosure
the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, which provides more information about Sponsor’s privacy practices and is located at https://www.thompsoncoburn.com/firm/privacy.
Entrants may be offered the optional opportunity to receive newsletters, informational materials, marketing communications, or other special promotions, or other offers from Sponsor, affiliates, and/or third-party service providers. Entrants
will not be contacted for marketing purposes unless they have provided their express consent.
By accepting a Prize, each Winner agrees (unless prohibited by law) to Sponsor's use of his/her name, city/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor and
its respective successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times in perpetuity, without
further compensation or notice, and hereby releases Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto. Winner may be required to sign a further release regarding the grant of these publicity rights.
WINNER LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: You may obtain copies of the Official Rules or a list of the Winner by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope that reads: Winner List –
or – Official Rules, Thompson Coburn LLP Ag Innovation Industry Outlook Survey Sweepstakes, Attn: Stephanie Richter, One US Bank Plaza St. Louis, MO 63101; all requests must be received within six (6) months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor may also post these Official Rules and the Winner
List at https://www.thompsoncoburn.com/ag-tech.
© Thompson Coburn LLP. All rights reserved.