As innovation and technology continue to transform health care, our multidisciplinary digital health team combines our legal experience and deep knowledge of the health care and technology industries to provide strategic, effective counsel to clients on matters across the digital health sector including technology transactions, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, cybersecurity/data privacy, financing and investments, intellectual property, and healthcare regulatory and compliance.
Our team has vast experience with a wide range of health care delivery models and the regulatory, technology, intellectual property and strategic business issues associated with the health care industry. Our team counsels digital health clients on these issues including:
- Developing and commercializing digital health technologies, including all associated technology transactions, and advising health care providers on the application of new technologies
- Protecting digital health technologies through patent, copyright and other forms of intellectual property
- Digital health operations and licensure
- Application of HIPAA and other federal and state health care data privacy requirements
- Cybersecurity, including risk assessment, policy and procedure development and implementation, and data breach response
- Health care data monetization
- Federal and state fraud and abuse laws, including Antikickback, Stark and False Claims Act compliance and investigations
- Health care reimbursement
- Licensing and brand protection
- Investment and financing strategies and compliance
- Defending clients in regulatory matters and litigated disputes
Backed by our national, full-service firm, our digital health team frequently leverages attorneys in the areas of tax, employment, employee benefits, intellectual property, litigation, and product liability to assist our digital health clients as concerns and opportunities arise.