Webinar: Ethics - Confidentiality Issues Re: Attorney Client Privilege and Information
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Noon to 1 p.m. Central Time
Update: The recording of the full webinar is now available: Ethics - Confidentiality Issues Re: Attorney Client Privilege and Information
Confusion surrounds the attorney-client privilege. Many think they have it when they do not and even if they do, they fail to appreciate how easy it is to lose. In either case, not enough attention is paid to the possibility that the privilege may be unavailable. This presentation will address some common issues regarding the creation and retention of the privilege that arise for In-House Counsel.
Topics will cover the following:
• Role of In-House Counsel: Which Hat Are You Wearing?
• Procedural Processes: Is There Any Magic in the “Privilege” Label?
• Sharing Information: Two’s Company, Three’s a Crowd
• Joint Venture Transactions: Keeping It in the Partnership
• Third Party Reports: Can You Turn a Pig’s Ear into a Silk Purse?
• Ownership Transfer Issues: Did You Just Sell Your Privilege?
• Government’s Role: Does Disclosure to the Government Waive the Privilege?
• Applicable Law: Who Makes the Rules? Which State’s Law Applies to Privilege Questions?
Presenter: Jeffrey Brown