Webinar: Help from the dark side: A litigator's perspective on commercial real estate issues
ADR, Liquidated Damages, and Letters of Intent: These issues should be considered well in advance when contemplating a possible real estate transaction as they can lead the way to minimizing exposure and maximizing recovery in the event of a dispute arising from the transaction.
This presentation is now available on video here. It focuses on the following aspects of these issues:
• Traditional dispute resolution
• Binding arbitration
• Judicial reference in California
• Is it enforceable? Yes, if not a penalty
• Definition of penalty
Letters of Intent
• What makes a LOI binding/nonbinding?
• Pre-contract terms to consider
Presenter: Jeff Brown