Welcome to After the Buzzer, a sports podcast hosted by Bob Wallace, the chair of the Sports Law practice at Thompson Coburn.
After the Buzzer is a smart, probative podcast dedicated to discussing issues that impact sports or that sports impacts. “We hope to discuss topics and issues beyond the score, beyond the winners and losers, beyond who gets hired and fired,” said Bob. “I want to talk about the how’s, the why's, the when’s, and the because’s.”
- Episode 1: Josh Whitman of the University of Illinois
- Episode 2: Mike Tannenbaum of the Miami Dolphins
- Episode 3: Kenneth Shropshire of the Global Sport Institute
- Episode 4: Nona Lee and Vicky Neumeyer
- Episode 5: Athlete activism and community engagement
- Episode 6: Addressing sports crises and diversity with David Cornwell
- Episode 7: The state of sports betting
- Episode 8: Eric Stisser reflects on the St. Louis Blues’ championship season
- Episode 9: Fan safety with Phil Melcher of the St. Louis Cardinals
- Episode 10: Game on: An introduction to eSports
- Episode 11: Patrick Rishe of Washington University in St. Louis
About Bob Wallace
Before coming to Thompson Coburn, Bob served as general counsel and executive vice president of the St. Louis Rams. Before that, he worked in the front offices of the Philadelphia Eagles and the St. Louis Football Cardinals.
Bob now represents teams, prospective buyers of sports teams, companies interested in sports marketing and civic and government entities facing team relocation or facility issues.
“Altogether I’ve spent 35 years in the national sports arena,” Bob said. “Over all those years I’ve met some great people. There are so many smart, interesting, thoughtful people involved with pro sports and college athletics. In talking with them, I’ve often thought to myself, ‘I wish I could share this conversation with other people!’ This podcast, After the Buzzer, is my attempt to do that.